Introducing NanoLipo: More Control for Cosmetic Surgeons
NanoLipo™ was developed by Professor Adah Almutairi of the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) and the top US surgeons in cosmetic fat removal and skin tightening. Among her many accomplishments, Almutairi was featured in Forbes as one of the top 10 “Most Influential Women in Engineering in the World.”
The NanoLipo technology is designed to help make liposuction much less invasive, resulting in significantly reduced recovery time, while doubling the amount of fat removed – in half the procedure time – and offering more control for cosmetic surgeons. 1-4
Increased Satisfaction for Liposuction Patients
For decades, the cosmetic fat removal process has been incredibly invasive, painful, inconsistent and involved weeks of recovery. Despite being the number one cosmetic surgery worldwide, liposuction has the lowest patient satisfaction rate – and is associated with dozens of medical complications, repeat surgeries, and painful recovery. 5-7
With NanoLipo, a brand-new revolutionary technology in cosmetic fat removal that allows surgeons to more accurately target fat, eLux Medical hopes to change all of that.
The eLux Difference
- Up to double the amount of fat removed
- Zero bruising or swelling
- Half the procedure time
- Minimal scarring
- Minimal nerve damage
- Minimally invasive
- Smoother, tighter and more aesthetically pleasing results
- Significantly shorter recovery period
How eLux’s NanoLipo Technology Works
Adding Gold Nanoparticles
eLux Medical’s NanoLipo technology involves adding a small quantity of gold nanoparticles to the liposuction solution a healthcare provider typically uses. Once injected into the target area, these particles are activated by an externally applied diode laser (800 nm).
The gold nanoparticles allow efficient energy absorption and transfer rates, leading to fat escaping the fat cells. The surgeon can either siphon off the liquid fatty acid or allow the body to eliminate it on its own, depending on the amount released which is controlled by the surgeon.
A More Fat Selective Process for Surgeons
Why NanoLipo Improves Cosmetic Fat Removal Procedures
Current laser liposuction technology can only provide two dimensional heating because a laser tip must be inserted directly into the fatty tissue – NanoLipo provides comprehensive three-dimensional fat release using an external laser with a wide area of exposure. The process is designed to offer surgeons improved control and a smoother, less invasive procedure for the client.
At eLux, we believe there exists a strong latent demand for improved outcomes for both surgical liposuction patients and minimally invasive fat removal patients – and we believe our superior technology will improve outcomes and propel demand for both.
Contact Us to Learn More
For more information on this groundbreaking new
technology, click the button below to contact us today.
- Source: Sheng W, Alhasan AH, DiBernardo G, et al. Gold Nanoparticle-assisted Selective Photothermolysis of Adipose Tissue (NanoLipo). Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2015;2(12):e283. Published 2015 Jan 8. doi:10.1097/GOX.0000000000000251.
- Source: Sheng W, Seare WJ, DiBernardo B, Alhasan AH, Cory E, Chasan P, Sah RL, Almutairi KM, Almutairi A. A Single-Blind Study Evaluating the Efficacy of Gold Nanoparticle Photothermal-Assisted Liposuction in an Ex Vivo Human Tissue Model. Aesthet Surg J. 2018 Oct 15;38(11):1213-1224. doi: 10.1093/asj/sjy027. PMID: 29415242; PMCID: PMC6195174.
- Source: Almutairi A. (2016). Selective Fat Removal Using NIR Light and Nanoparticles (United States Patent No. US 9,333,259 B2). U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Source: Sheng W, He S, Seare WJ, Almutairi A. Review of the progress toward achieving heat confinement-the holy grail of photothermal therapy. J Biomed Opt. 2017;22(8):80901. doi:10.1117/1.JBO.22.8.080901.
- Source: Huang, Amy MD*; Loyal, Jameson MD*; Alapati, Usha MD*,†; Siegel, Daniel M. MD, MS* Skin Ulcers as a Complication of Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction, Dermatologic Surgery: May 2021 – Volume 47 – Issue 5 – p 750-751 doi: 10.1097/DSS.0000000000002526
- Source: O’Kelly N, Nguyen K, Gibstein A, Bradley JP, Tanna N, Matarasso A. Standards and Trends in Lipoabdominoplasty. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2020 Oct 26;8(10):e3144. doi: 10.1097/GOX.0000000000003144. PMID: 33173672; PMCID: PMC7647643.
- Source: Tijerina JD, Morrison SD, Nolan IT, Vail DG, Lee GK, Nazerali R. Analysis and Interpretation of Google Trends Data on Public Interest in Cosmetic Body Procedures. Aesthet Surg J. 2020 Jan 1;40(1):NP34-NP43. doi: 10.1093/asj/sjz051. PMID: 30810161.